All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOphrys - the Bee Orchids of Europe is an easy to use, comprehensive introduction to the plants of this genus found in Europe. It can be used as a field guide (with keys, descriptions and numerous colour photographs) and a standard reference (with chapters on structure, biology, evolution and conservation). The chapter by Richard Manuel on cultivation is especially helpful for growers and conservationists introducing plants back into the wild. Finally, the sections covering the authors 'recommended Ophrys excursions' makes it an ideal for companion for field trips.
- Author BiographyHenrik Ae. Pedersen is an associate professor at the University of Copenhagen, where he is curator at the Botanical Garden & Museum, Natural History Museum of Denmark. His research on the systematics, biogeography, ecology and conservation biology of orchids is focused in Europe, the Mediterranean and tropical Asia. Niels Faurholdt trained as a forest and landscape engineer, has worked as a forest ranger and now teaches plant biology and plant identification at Roskilde Technical College, Vilvorde.
- Author(s)Henrik Aerenlund Pedersen,Niels Faurholdt
- PublisherRoyal Botanic Gardens
- Date of Publication03/07/2007
- SubjectPopular Science
- Series TitleKew Botanical Magazine Monograph
- Place of PublicationSurrey
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRoyal Botanic Gardens
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight760 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $30.67Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.