Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.69Trending at AU $111.84
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.50
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.99
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.12
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.34
About this product
- DescriptionPractical and easy-to-read, this point-of-care reference provides a succinct, clinical overview of eye anatomy, disease, and treatment. Unlike many ophthalmic handbooks, OPHTHO NOTES classifies disease based upon etiology, rather than presenting signs and symptoms. This classification helps to compartmentalize diseases of the eye, and ensures quick and effortless reference. The book succinctly organizes the vast field of ophthalmology. Chapters are devoted to particular eye structures, and cover basic anatomy and physiology, metabolic and degenerative diseases, differential diagses, examination and testing methods, surgical techniques, complication management, and much more! Plus - unique in a book this concise - a general chapter covers essential ophthalmic information such as principles of ophthalmic pathology, state-of-the-art laser information, mechanism and use of MRI and CT imaging, eye embryology, immune system and inflammation principles, surgical preoperative evaluation, and optics formulas. Outstanding features: - Comprehensive -Thorough coverage of the entire field of ophthalmology - Practical - More than 1,000 mnemonics, anagrams, and other memory aids, particularly valuable to residents and fellows - State-of-the-art - Incorporates the latest genetic disease discoveries, refractive surgery techniques, summaries of recent major clinical trials, and more - Unique - Special chapter on medications, covering everything from antibacterials and corticosteroids, to miotics, mydriatics, neurologic medications, and immusuppressives Concise for quick, point-of-care use during rounds, yet in-depth eugh to review the entire field, this book is an essential and reliable resource for residents in ophthalmology, the perfect refresher for practicing ophthalmologists and optometrists, and a practical reference for all primary healthcare providers.
- Author(s)Randall L. Goodman
- PublisherThieme Publishing Group
- Date of Publication12/11/2003
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationStuttgart
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintThieme Publishing Group
- Content Note31 illustrations
- Width127 mm
- Height204 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.