Opportunity Is Everywhere: The Story of America's Supermarket Banker by J Alton Wingate (Hardback, 2007)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $45.85Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $41.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHere is the inspiring story of J. Alton Wingate, the banker who from the small town of Cornelia in Northeast Georgia pioneered the concept of supermarket banking, of putting banks into supermarkets. A born entrepreneur, Alton developed and implemented this vel idea that blossomed into the hugely successful corporation Financial Supermarkets, Incorporated (FSI), while at the same time leading Community Bank & Trust in Cornelia into a period of unprecedented growth. This is a real American story, illustrating the idea that with eugh vision, energy, heart, and perseverance a person can reach out and grab the golden ring. It is also a real story because we see, t only in Alton's reminiscences and reflections, but also in those of some of his friends and colleagues, a bit of what happened behind the scenes as Alton worked his way to the top of his field and invented a new way for banks and supermarkets to do business together. As we follow Alton's life in Georgia, from his childhood in Albany to his adult years in Athens and Cornelia, as we hear the stories of his years as a paperboy and his early mistrust of all that marble and glass in banks, as we witness his start in banking and his rise from collections to executive offices--we see demonstrated again and again that, indeed, opportunity is everywhere. J. Alton Wingate always had the vision to recognize opportunity and was always ready to do what needed to be done to turn opportunity into accomplishment. Although the supermarket banking corporation FSI is undeniably one of the crown jewels of Alton's career, his earlier business experiences are less remarkable. As a boy, at first with a bicycle and later with aHarley-Davidson, he built the most successful paper route that his hometown of Albany had ever seen. When he gave up his paper route to start his career in banking, he had to take a cut in pay. However, almost immediately he became his bank's most successful outside adjuster (or collection agent), and his subsequent rise in the banking industry is a phemenal success story. Bankers and entrepreneurs alike--and anyone who enjoys the story of a life well lived--will enjoy this illuminating book about Alton's life and will find both inspiration and valuable kwledge in his stories of seeing opportunities and then acting upon them to achieve success.
- Author(s)J Alton Wingate
- PublisherInterview You, LLC
- Date of Publication01/04/2007
- SubjectFinance & Accounting
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintInterview You, LLC
- Weight422 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $30.98
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $34.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.