All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionOpposition in Pilates and Yoga has been designed to demystify the techniques of Pilates and Yoga by blending Newton's Third Law and Mindfulness. By understanding how these two concepts work together in movement, anyone can feel the benefit of these practices. Developed from 15 years of working with people in both disciplines and appreciating that we are t all the same, the concept of opposition is the simplest way to help you feel your body in the way that you are supposed to - t the way anybody else does! In this way you get maximum benefits in the shortest time. Through educating, understanding, rehabilitating and communicating Marie-Claire aims to have everyone getting the most out of their Pilates and Yoga classes.
- Author BiographyMarie-Claire has worked in the fitness industry since 1998 in a number of different disciplines. She has owned her own studio and works alongside Fitness Inspired Teacher Training (Fitt) to bring high quality teacher training to the whole of the UK. Other work includes Associate Lecturer at University College Chichester on the Sports Biomechanics program and as a fitness presenter at conventions held around the UK. She travelled to the U.S. to train alongside those who were educated by Joseph Pilates and has specifically worked with individuals who had injuries, pre and post-surgery and illnesses such as cancer and multiple sclerosis. In 2014 an accident forced her to move away from teaching every day. Her new business The Movement Specialist is dedicated to supporting individuals wishing to advance their careers - either through targeting teacher training in centers, or offering business support and advice. Marie-Claire continues to work privately on a referral basis with people who would like to participate in generalized classes but feel that their physical restrictions are holding them back.
- Author(s)Marie-Claire Prettyman
- PublisherPanoma Press
- Date of Publication01/01/2016
- SubjectFitness & Diet
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPanoma Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight367 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine11 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.