Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $85.84
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.76
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.53
- AU $12.90Trending at AU $15.61
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $31.31
- AU $8.87Trending at AU $15.80
- AU $14.10Trending at AU $17.43
About this product
- DescriptionIn her book, OPRAH! Before You Leave ... published in the summer of 2010, Elysse takes a fictive trip to Chicago, then magically she appears on Oprah's Show. Satiric, artistic, theatrical, political and philosophical discussions are part of the fictive dialog between the author and the interviewer. The debate increases in stimulus in the last chapter, Elysse vs Oprah, in which the baby boomers' differences surface. Parallel, Elysse takes the readers back in time, the time she comes from and the European struggle as a family in its effort to sort out the differences and liberate the human mind of the inconvenient historic debris. Some of the most dramatic memories of war ever told, Elysse writes them down as reminders to us all that in difficult times all humans suffer. Compassion and forgiveness are gifts we need to keep in circulation, believes Elysse. Probably that's why she defends Sarah, The Duchess of York, and reminds us of Billy Graham who did t condemned, but consoled even presidents. Forgiveness is in fact a weapon that brings peace and consequently recovery to all involved. Elysse reminds as that, humans are the solid gold! Humans are the fortunes in the universe! We are born and we die free of everything. In this human life, up to a degree, she write - yes, money as a commodity does help build faster the future. As for herself, in her struggles, Elysse laughs when she writes, I'll have to become a Scarlet. Dig for my own carrots of success in the ground of possibility, and swear to God to never go hungry again! It is t typical of someone so reserved as Elysse to step on the stage of exposure and disclose her own fear/pain, yet she does it theatrically on behalf of the future generations. Being a mother and a grandmother she kws the importance of participation. Intelligence and love will prevail, is Elysse's promise. In fact, in her first book, The Mind of a Poetess, which she wrote mainly in 2001 during a terrible divorce, the author affirmed: Yes we can! We can even help others. From her hiding place, a tiny room at a farm, far away from civilization, Elysse wrote the 432 page (original) memoir for which she received The 2007 Arts Acclaim Award. ... and she did t resist, but mail a copy to Oprah as a Thank you for the two decades of pleasant entertainment. Due to her love of biographies, the author did watch many times Oprah and enjoyed many of her shows. Looking back, Elysse realized that her own life was and continues to be a show like other - a rich and infinite source of inspiration. Few on Earth have find true love in this life. Elysse is one of them. Now, I will write forever! declare the happy author.
- Author BiographyPlease note: Author's real name is Mary Emrich. It was her choice that her first seven books where published under the pseudonym/pen name Elysse Poetis. Award Winning Canadian author/poet/photographer Elysse Poetis was born in Sibiu/Hermanstadt, Romania. Sibiu was known to be The City of Literature, theology, army experts, secret service, philosophers, etc. Elysse spent her childhood in North Transylvania in a German community near the city of Bistrita (where author Bram Stoker started his original notes for what was to become the greatest fiction in the English Literature). She graduated from teacher's college in the city of Arad just prior to her escape from behind the iron curtain to her friends (in then) West Germany. Canada rescued young and pregnant Elysse in 1981 from a UN refugee camp near Vienna, Austria. In Canada she studied business, marketing, publishing and computer networking, and worked as a designer and later art director for the Canadian publishing industry along some of the most creative communicators. Today, Elysse is a happy oma/grandmother to second generation tiny Canadians. She resides with her husband/publisher, Klaus, in the famous Region of Waterloo, Ontario, Canada.
- Author(s)Elysse Poetis
- PublisherVon Der Alps Publishing Corporation
- Date of Publication24/07/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintVon Der Alps Publishing Corporation
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight209 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Edited byElizabeth A Jordao
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.