All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionKane or Vardy? Pep or Jose? Pulis or ...anybody else? Football is a game of opinions. A world where received wisdom and the law of the hunch reign supreme. But football is becoming more intelligent. The history books may say that Leicester City winning the premier league 'defied logic', but if you looked more closely, they were always going to win ...From distances run to pass success rate, shots on target to corners won, counter-attacks to tackles made, Opta, the world's leading sports data company, records everything. But what does it all mean? And how can it add to our love of the game? From the author and statistician behind the popular OptaJoe Twitter account, what follows is a hugely entertaining and insightful guide to football in 2016, analysing data from the world's greatest teams, players, leagues and tournaments. Stats can never tell us everything, but combining cutting-edge analysis with wry humour, this book debunks countless myths peddled by pundits, managers, and even players. The ideas that follow are both surprising and satisfying, but may also leave you with the feeling that 'yes, that's what I was thinking all along'.
- Author BiographyOptaJoe is the pseudonym of Duncan Alexander, one of Britain's top football statisticians and commentators who has over 700k followers on his popular Twitter account. He live-tweets during games with his trademark blend of incisive analysis and one-line zingers.
- Author(s)Duncan Alexander
- Date of Publication11/08/2016
- SubjectBall Games: Field & Outdoor
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight423 g
- Width154 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.