Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $194.31+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $8.23
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.78
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.22
- AU $66.97Trending at AU $74.69
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.87
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.40
About this product
- DescriptionFeaturing chapters written by leading experts in magnetometry, this book provides comprehensive coverage of the principles, techlogy and diverse applications of optical magnetometry, from testing fundamental laws of nature to detecting biomagnetic fields and medical diagstics. Readers will find a wealth of technical information, from antirelaxation-coating techniques, microfabrication and magnetic shielding to geomagnetic-field measurements, space magnetometry, detection of biomagnetic fields, detection of NMR and MRI signals and rotation sensing. The book includes an original survey of the history of optical magnetometry and a chapter on the commercial use of these techlogies. The book is supported by extensive online material, containing historical overviews, derivations, sideline discussion, additional plots and tables, available at www.cambridge.org/9781107010352. As well as introducing graduate students to this field, the book is also a useful reference for researchers in atomic physics.
- Author BiographyDmitry Budker is Professor of Physics at the University of California at Berkeley, Faculty Scientist in the Nuclear Science Division, LBNL, and Co-founder and Scientist of Rochester Scientific, LLC. His research interests are related to the study of violation of discrete symmetries and the development and applications of the optical-magnetometry techniques. Derek Jackson Kimball is Associate Professor and Chair of the Department of Physics at California State University, East Bay. His research focuses on using techniques of experimental atomic physics and nonlinear optics for precision tests of the fundamental laws of physics.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication07/03/2013
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note165 b/w illus.
- Weight890 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edited byDerek F. Jackson Kimball,Dmitry Budker
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.