All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMicroscopy is at the forefront of multidisciplinary research. It was developed by physicists, made specific by chemists, and applied by biologists and doctors to better understand how the human body works. For this very reason, the field has been revolutionized in past decades. The objective of Optical Nascopy and Novel Microscopy Techniques is to choose some of those revolutionary ideas and serve a general audience from broad disciplines to achieve a fundamental understanding of these techlogies and to better apply them in their daily research. The book begins with coverage of super-resolution optical microscopy, which discusses targeted modulation such as STED and SIM or localization methods such as PALM. It then discusses vel development of fluorescent probes, such as organic small-molecule probes, fluorescent proteins, and irganic labels such as quantum dots. Finally, it describes advanced optical microscopy, such as fluorescence lifetime imaging, fiber optic microscopy, scanning ion conductance microscopy, and the joining of optics and acoustics-photoacoustic microscopy. Following each chapter, a detailed list of references is provided. Problems at the end of each chapter are also included.
- Author BiographyPeng Xi is an associate professor in Department of Biomedical Engineering at Peking University in China. He obtained his PhD from the Shanghai Institute of Optics and Fine Mechanics, Chinese Academy of Sciences. Dr. Xi's research interests focus on optical nanoscopy, novel applications on confocal microscopy, and biomedical optical instrumentation. Dr. Peng Xi is on the editorial board of three SCI-indexed journals: Microscopy Research and Techniques, Micron, and Chinese Optics Letters. He has published more than 80 scientific papers in peer-reviewed journals and conference proceedings.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication02/10/2014
- SubjectScience: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note99 black & white illustrations, 4 black & white tables
- Weight498 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byPeng Xi
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.