All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEdited by the two top experts in the field with a panel of International contributors, this is a comprehensive up-to-date review of research and applications. Starting with the basic physical principles of laser cooling of solids, the mograph goes on to discuss the current theoretical issues being resolved and the increasing demands of growth and evaluation of high purity materials suitable for optical refrigeration, while also examining the design and applications of practical cryocoolers. An advanced text for scientists, researchers, engineers, and students (masters, PHDs and Postdoc) in laser and optical material science, and cryogenics.
- Author BiographyRichard I. Epstein is a Laboratory Fellow at Los Alamos National Laboratory (LANL) in New Mexico. He was an undergraduate in Engineering Physics at Cornell University and received his Ph.D. in Applied Physics from Stanford University. He then did research at the University of Texas at Austin, Harvard University and Nordita in Copenhagen, before taking his present position. He has published over 150 papers in theoretical astrophysics, satellite instrumentation and applied physics. He leads the effort in laser cooling of solids at LANL. He is a fellow of Optical Society of America. Mansoor Sheik-Bahae is a professor of Physics and Astronomy and the chair of Optical Science and Engineering at the University of New Mexico (UNM), Albuquerque NM (USA). He graduated from the State University of New York (Buffalo), and subsequently spent 7 years as a research scientist at CREOL-University of Central Florida before joining UNM in 1994 where he currently heads the Consortium for Laser Cooling of Solids. Professor Sheik-Bahae has authored more than 200 scientific papers in nonlinear optics, ultrafast phenomena and solid-state laser cooling, with more than 4000 citations to his work. He is a fellow of Optical Society of America.
- PublisherWiley-VCH Verlag GmbH
- Date of Publication22/04/2009
- Place of PublicationWeinheim
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintWiley-VCH Verlag GmbH
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight628 g
- Width176 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byMansoor Sheik-Bahae,Richard I. Epstein
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $75.71New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.43Trending at AU $23.89
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $119.81
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.