All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.44Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $89.84
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $21.95
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.37
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $34.59
- AU $39.47Trending at AU $40.01
- AU $40.67Trending at AU $41.16
About this product
- DescriptionThere are countless books on the market about nutrition, diet, and exercise in isolation. Optimal Aging brings these topics together as they relate to the process of aging and the diseases which so often accompany it. Written by Jerrold Winter, PhD, a professor of pharmacology and toxicology and the author of True Nutrition True Fitness, this book provides an integrated discussion about health matters, offering evidence-based advice regarding nutrition, exercise, and the use of pharmaceuticals as they relate to dementia, obesity, diabetes, cancer, pain, and other hazards of aging. Amid a sea of contradictory information about what's healthful, Optimal Aging stands out, delivering a comprehensive discussion about healthy living that's buoyed by source references, illustrative anecdotes, and just the right dose of humor. Drawing from current scientific understanding and providing historical perspectives, Winter speaks sensibly about drugs and their effects, vitamins and minerals, exercise, weight control, and treatment of age-related symptoms and diseases. With this authoritative book in hand, you'll gain a fundamental understanding of the disparate factors that come together to influence your well-being, setting you on the path to a longer, healthier, and happier life.
- Author BiographyJerrold Winter, PhD, is a professor of pharmacology and toxicology in the School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences at the University at Buffalo. For nearly five decades, he has taught the principles of pharmacology, the elements of addiction, and the drug treatment of anxiety, depression, and psychosis to graduate and medical students. Research in his laboratory has centered on hallucinogens and other drugs of abuse, and he is the author of more than one hundred scientific publications. He's written two books for the general public: True Nutrition True Fitness, published in 1991, and the recently published Optimal Aging.
- Author(s)Ph D Jerrold Winter
- Date of Publication05/03/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectFamily & Health: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight544 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Explore Buying Guides
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.