All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is an introduction to the mathematical theory of optimal control of processes governed by ordinary differential eq- tions. It is intended for students and professionals in mathematics and in areas of application who want a broad, yet relatively deep, concise and coherent introduction to the subject and to its relati- ship with applications. In order to accommodate a range of mathema- cal interests and backgrounds among readers, the material is arranged so that the more advanced mathematical sections can be omitted wi- out loss of continuity. For readers primarily interested in appli- tions a recommended minimum course consists of Chapter I, the sections of Chapters II, III, and IV so recommended in the introductory sec- tions of those chapters, and all of Chapter V. The introductory sec- tion of each chapter should further guide the individual reader toward material that is of interest to him. A reader who has had a good course in advanced calculus should be able to understand the defini- tions and statements of the theorems and should be able to follow a substantial portion of the mathematical development. The entire book can be read by someone familiar with the basic aspects of Lebesque integration and functional analysis. For the reader who wishes to find out more about applications we recommend references , , , , and , of the Bibliography at the end of the book.
- Author(s)Leonard D. Berkovitz
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication04/02/1974
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleApplied Mathematical Sciences
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 12
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight772 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $87.24New
- AU $41.13Used
- AU $43.36New
- AU $112.89New
- AU $97.70Used
- AU $33.23New
- AU $30.36New
- AU $20.41New
- AU $33.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.02Trending at AU $37.97
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $43.36
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $61.00Trending at AU $63.02
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.68
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.78
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.