Optimal Control for Mathematical Models of Cancer Therapies: An Application of Geometric Methods: 2015 by Heinz Schattler, Urszula Ledzewicz (Hardback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $113.50Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by oodals
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $130.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book presents applications of geometric optimal control to real life biomedical problems with an emphasis on cancer treatments. A number of mathematical models for both classical and vel cancer treatments are presented as optimal control problems with the goal of constructing optimal protocols. The power of geometric methods is illustrated with fully worked out complete global solutions to these mathematically challenging problems. Elaborate constructions of optimal controls and corresponding system responses provide great examples of applications of the tools of geometric optimal control and the outcomes aid the design of simpler, practically realizable suboptimal protocols. The book blends mathematical rigor with practically important topics in an easily readable tutorial style. Graduate students and researchers in science and engineering, particularly biomathematics and more mathematical aspects of biomedical engineering, would find this book particularly useful.
- Author BiographyHeinz Schattler is a Professor of Electrical and Systems Engineering at Washington University in St. Louis. He holds a Master's degree in Mathematics from the University of Wurzburg in Germany and a Ph.D. in Mathematics from Rutgers University. His main research area is optimal control theory where he has published extensively on applications of methods and tools from optimal control and dynamical systems theory to problems motivated by real life applications. Besides the medical topics that are the focus of this text, these include electric power systems as well as models in economics, physics and electronics. Urszula Ledzewicz is a Distinguished Research Professor in the Department of Mathematics and Statistics at Southern Illinois University Edwardsville. She specialized in optimal control theory at the University of Lodz, Poland, where she received a master's and doctorate in Applied Mathematics. Her research interests include optimal control and optimization, mathematical modeling and analysis of systems in biomedicine with special emphasis on mathematical models for cancer growth and treatments. She has been active in the field as an Associate Editor of numerous scientific journals focused on nonlinear analysis, dynamical systems and mathematical biosciences. The authors also have published the text Geometric Optimal Control - Theory, Methods and Examples (Springer, 2012) and were co-editors for Mathematical Methods and Models in Biomedicine (Springer, 2012).
- Author(s)Heinz Schattler,Urszula Ledzewicz
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication16/09/2015
- Series TitleInterdisciplinary Applied Mathematics
- Series Part/Volume Number42
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note30 black & white illustrations, 85 colour illustrations, 24 black & white tables, biography
- Weight1075 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine31 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $75.71New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.41Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $75.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.