All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book deals with a very important problem in power system planning for countries in which hydrogeneration accounts for the greatest part of the system power production. During the past thirty years many techniques have been developed to cope with the long-term operation of hydro reser- voirs. These techniques have been discussed in a number of publications, but they have t until w been documented in book form. This book is intended as the foundation for a special graduate course dealing with aspects of electrical engineering, operational research, water resource research, and applied mathematics. It may also be used for self- study by practicing personnel involved in the planning and operation of hydroelectric power systems for utilities, consulting groups, and government regulatory agencies. The book consists of eight chapters. Chapter 1 reviews the historical developments in the field, discusses briefly all techniques used to solve the problem, and summarizes the modeling of hydroplants for long-term operation studies. At the end of the chapter we present in detail an outline of the book.
- Author(s)G.S. Christensen,S. A. Soliman
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication22/02/2012
- SubjectEnergy Technology & Electrical Engineering
- Series TitleMathematical Concepts and Methods in Science and Engineering
- Series Part/Volume Number38
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight476 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1988
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.