All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionContemporary research has shown that optimistic people experience longer and healthier lives, better relationships and higher incomes. Generations before such findings, however, inspirational writer, Christian D. Larson, showed an amazing grasp of the life-changing power of gratitude and optimism. Today, Larson is kwn worldwide for his powerful meditation - THE OPTIMIST CREED - and for his other classics of spiritual living - but single volume has collected his greatest writings. Here, at last, is a long-overdue anthology that makes his foundational writings available to the countless readers who already kw his name and work. In his w famous maxim, Larson encouraged early twentieth-century readers to embrace an attitude of gratitude. Yet Larson's vision went far beyond mushy or feel-good strums. Like one else of his day, the groundbreaking writer understood the metaphysical and psychological dimensions of grateful living. Affirmative thought, Larson reasoned, sets in motion unseen forces, both spiritual and psychical and aids in manifesting our desires. In our time, Larson's message is as fresh and radical as ever. THE OPTIMIST CREED features complete editions of his most deeply affecting works, each redesigned and reset. It contains: The Pathway of Roses, Your Forces and How to Use Them (the 1912 work that features his Optimist Creed ), Mastery of Self, The Ideal Made Real, and Just Be Glad.
- Author BiographyChristian D. Larson (1874-1962) was born in Iowa to Norwegian immigrants. He was headed for a career in the Lutheran ministry but later embraced a more universal and independent spirituality. In 1901, at age twenty-seven, Larson launched one of the first journals devoted to positive thinking. He moved to California and grew into a popular New Thought and inspirational writer and speaker, producing more than forty books.
- Author(s)Christian D. Larson
- PublisherPenguin Putnam Inc
- Date of Publication31/10/2012
- SubjectPopular Psychology
- Place of PublicationLos Angeles
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1900
- ImprintJeremy P Tarcher
- Weight650 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine40 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.