All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.86
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.95
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.10
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.23
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.31
About this product
- DescriptionOptimization Approaches for Solving String Selection Problems provides an overview of optimization methods for a wide class of gemics-related problems in relation to the string selection problems. This class of problems addresses the recognition of similar characteristics or differences within biological sequences. Specifically, this book considers a large class of problems, ranging from the closest string and substring problems, to the farthest string and substring problems, to the far from most string problem. Each problem includes a detailed description, highlighting both biological and mathematical features and presents state-of-the-art approaches. This Brief provides a quick introduction of optimization methods for string selection problems for young scientists and a detailed description of the mathematical and computational methods developed for experts in the field of optimization who want to deepen their understanding of the string selection problems. Researchers, practitioners and graduate students in the field of Computer Science, Operation Research, Mathematics, Computational Biology and Biomedicine will find this book useful.
- Author(s)Elisa Pappalardo,Giovanni Stracquadanio,Panos M. Pardalos
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication10/10/2013
- SubjectScience: General & Reference
- Series TitleSpringerBriefs in Optimization
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note2 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight135 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine3 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.