All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionThis book presents the latest findings on stochastic dynamic programming models and on solving optimal control problems in networks. It includes the authors' new findings on determining the optimal solution of discrete optimal control problems in networks and on solving game variants of Markov decision problems in the context of computational networks. First, the book studies the finite state space of Markov processes and reviews the existing methods and algorithms for determining the main characteristics in Markov chains, before proposing new approaches based on dynamic programming and combinatorial methods. Chapter two is dedicated to infinite horizon stochastic discrete optimal control models and Markov decision problems with average and expected total discounted optimization criteria, while Chapter three develops a special game-theoretical approach to Markov decision processes and stochastic discrete optimal control problems. In closing, the book's final chapter is devoted to finite horizon stochastic control problems and Markov decision processes. The algorithms developed represent a valuable contribution to the important field of computational network theory.
- Author BiographyProf. Dr. Stefan Pickl is professor for Operations Research at Universitat der Bundeswehr in Munich. He studied mathematics, electrical engineering, and philosophy at TU Darmstadt and EPFL Lausanne 1987-93. Dipl.-Ing. '93, Doctorate 1998 with award. Assistant Professor at Cologne University (Dr. habil. 2005; venia legendi Mathematics ). Visiting Professor at University of New Mexico (U.S.A.), University Graz (Austria), University of California at Berkeley. Visiting scientist at SANDIA, Los Alamos National Lab, Santa Fe Institute for Complex Systems and MIT. Associated with Centre for the Advanced Study of Algorithms (CASA, USA) and Center for Network Innovation and Experimentation (CENETIX, USA) , vice-chair of EURO group Experimental OR , program for highly gifted pupils, research program Intelligent Networks and Security Structures (INESS), Critical Infrastructures and System Analyses (CRISYS). International best paper awards '03, '05, '07. Foundation of COMTESSA (Competence Center for Operations Research, Strategic Planning Management, Safety & Security ALLIANCE). Prof. Dr. Dmitrii Lozovanu received his PhD in mathematics in 1980 from the Institute of Cybernetics of Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, Kiev. After the habilitation theses defense in 1991 he became professor in Computer Science. He is the head of department of Applied Mathematics at the Faculty of Mathematics and Computer Science of Moldova State University, Chisinau. His research interest s are related to discrete optimization, game theory, optimal control and stochastic decision processes.
- Author(s)Dmitrii Lozovanu,Stefan Pickl
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication27/11/2014
- Series TitleAdvances in Computational Management Science
- Series Part/Volume Number12
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note54 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight795 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine24 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.