All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOption to Profit shares the author's approach of getting an investment stock portfolio to work above and beyond its expected historical performance. After many years of working with a wonderful stockbroker, the Option to Profit book chronicles the author's mindset evolution following his broker's untimely death. Starting with a re-evaluation of the need for a full service brokerage, the author struck out on his own by putting into action the observations that he had made over the years of passively watching his portfolio of stocks. The essence of the strategies that is distilled into the book is that taking advantage of the hidden value in stocks can help the individual investor to start a path leading toward a much stronger financial future. Since every 1% annual beat of the index averages will deliver the investor to a secure retirement so much more quickly, the ability to optimize portfolio performance is critical. Option to Profit lays out a tested and conservative strategy to maximize the income stream from a portfolio of stocks. Whether it is an existing portfolio or one newly assembled to take advantage of the strategies outlined, an intuitive approach to management can be fun and profitable for the individual investor. Option to Profit offers a framework allowing those using full service brokerage houses to free themselves of the trading limitations and to do so in a highly cost effective manner. The book is written in a manner that both seasoned investors and those new to the stock market can easily understand the concepts and implement the strategies. Additionally, a large sampling of stocks with solid fundamentals and predictably cyclic trading patterns is provided to help both the experienced and vice investor build their stable of stocks choices. Although a serious topic handled in a serious and analytical manner, Option to Profit utilizes a humorous and philosophical approach drawing upon universal traits in human nature to magnify the points that it makes. A broad range of topics, from Teenage Ninja Mutant Turtles to Bollinger Bands are weaved together to form a unified philosophy with widespread application. With stock coverage from Altria to Zoltek and social commentary from Glenn Beck to Womanizing, there is something for everyone, and somehow, it all comes together. The book is complemented with access to online resources, analytical spreadsheets and an investment blog and user forum. Serious material, easy reading and many case studies are used to illustrate strategies and their application.
- Author BiographyGeorge Acs has always been interested in getting rich and retiring by the age of 30. That's not exactly the way that its worked out, however. The key to achieving the goals of his youth have only recently become available to the individual investor. The internet and discount brokerage houses have changed the landscape, but the advantages available to the individual investor are still under-utilized and not fully understood by the average investor. SInce the death of his trusted stock broker, George has been very actively managing stock accounts using the same techniques that hedge funds use to protect their positions. Although comfortable with technical analyses, integral calculus and the tools necessary to dissect charts, George minimizes reliance on these tools, using them only as a fleeting confirmation of over-riding strategies. Instead, he has devised a series of steps that constitute a highly defined strategy that most anyone can follow. No longer 30 years old, George is at least retired from his career in Pediatric Dentistry, approximately 10 years ahead of schedule, after spending the previous 10 years working just 2 days each week. He wants you to join him in making your stock portfolio improve the quality of your life. Whatever stage you are in, you can make your stocks improve that quality. George also maintains a blog that is dedicated to the memory of his father, who was a Holocaust survivor with a unique sense of humor. He also maintains a very active Twitter account as @TheAcsMan and can be followed at his Facebook page http: //www.Facebook/TheAcsMan TheAcsMan blog is at www.TheAcsMan.com and covers financial and social topics in a humorous fashion. Go there to find out the meaning of Szelhamos and to see a pictoral story about the original Szelhamos, as well as seeing real time transactions and performance. Additionally, the Option to Profit community can meet at www.MilkingStocks.com to exchange ideas, blogs and participate in forum discussions.
- Author(s)Dr George Acs,George Acs
- Date of Publication05/05/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMoney & Consumer Issues
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight431 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edited byNancy E Brooks
- Illustrator(s)Dr Robert D Testen
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $23.03New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.83New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.96
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.47
- AU $60.86Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $23.03
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $30.87
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.