Options in the Management of the Open Abdomen by Springer-Verlag New York Inc. (Hardback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $134.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $208.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book by Madbak and Dangleben has collated lot of information that has been presented and published in many disparate arenas into a single easy to read source. In an area where there is more experience and favorite techniques than true evidence based answers, they provide a wealth of information along with outstanding photographic support that makes this an excellent resource for all surgeons caring for this population. Similar to many things in life, when treating patients with the open abdomen one size or methodology does t fit all and this book will assuredly contain at least one possible answer to your patient's problem. Although the numbers of open abdomens are decreasing due to changes in resuscitation and transfusion practices, it still represents a complex complication that can be challenging to deal with. This ambitious textbook on the management of the open abdomen provides a practical approach for addressing this complex problem. One of the more unique aspects of this textbook is its detailed How to approach for the wide variety of techniques utilized in the management of the open abdomen. While there may be consensus as to what constitutes the optimal management of the open abdomen, this book articulates a number of options and their advantages. Most importantly, it provides high quality photographs that enhance the step by step How to approach of the text. More recent developments including using biologic mesh, implementing complex abdominal wall reconstruction and utilizing minimally invasive endoscopic techniques are described. This book is t only appropriate for all practicing surgeons that deal with this complex issue, but is also relevant for residents and fellows who are just getting their first exposure to open abdomens.
- Author BiographyDale A. Dangleben, MD Lehigh Valley Health Network Lehigh Valley Physician Group Allentown, PA USA Firas G. Madbak, MD University of Pennsylvania Perelman School of Medicine Trauma & Surgical Critical Care The Reading Hospital West Reading, PA USA
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication08/11/2014
- SubjectSurgery: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note2 black & white illustrations, 33 colour illustrations, 2 black & white tables, biography
- Weight325 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Edited byDale A. Dangleben,Firas G. Madbak
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.62
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $35.81Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.02
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.