All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the latest beautiful gift set from the popular Natural Histories series. It includes fascinating essays and accounts from legendary explorers and early naturalists. This gorgeously illustrated volume will appeal to every seafaring and natural-science enthusiast. Without our oceans, which cover almost 72 percent of our planet, Earth simply could t exist, or humanity survive. Join author Melanie Stiassny from the American Museum of Natural History on an epic, oceanic journey. These fascinating essays, taken from the museum's Rare Book Collections, expand on the science behind the early histories that shaped the study of oceagraphy. They take close-up looks at coral, jellyfish, sea worms, whales, sharks, squid and more, and provide accounts from legendary explorers and early naturalists. This gorgeously illustrated volume will appeal to every seafaring and natural-science enthusiast.
- Author BiographyMelanie Stiassny is the Axelrod Research Curator and Curator-in-Charge of the Department of Ichthyology at the American Museum of Natural History. Her research interests are in the systematics and evolutionary biology of fishes, with a particular focus on freshwater conservation and the biodiversity of Old World tropical systems.
- Author(s)Melanie L. J. Stiassny
- PublisherSterling Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication07/10/2014
- SubjectNatural History: Animal & Wildlife
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Notefull colour throughout, includes illustrations
- Weight1996 g
- Width229 mm
- Height305 mm
- Spine41 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.32Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.