Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $11.41Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $13.00Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by book_fountain
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOracle database administration is a complex and stressful job. In a series of easy-to-use checklists, this concise pocket reference summarizes the ermous number of tasks you must perform as an Oracle DBA. Each section takes a step-by-step cookbook approach to presenting DBA quick-reference material. This reference guide is divided into three major sections covering the main areas of an Oracle DBA's responsibilities. The first, on database management, describes how to maintain existing databases (with a checklist of daily, weekly, and monthly activities), prepare new databases for production, and back up and recover databases (with checklists for how to recover tables, data files, index files, control files, rollback segments, and active and inactive redo logs). The section on installation and configuration contains a summary of key procedures for installation on Unix, Windows NT, and VMS platforms. It also includes special steps for configuring a parallel database. Finally, the section on network management helps with installing, configuring, and testing Net8 software on server and client machines. Tasks include confirming network availability and Net8 connectivity, verifying Net8 name resolution, configuring Net8 clients (with LDAP or Oracle Names), configuring Net8 on the server, configuring the Multi-Threaded Server (MTS), tracing client connections, and tracing the Net8 listener. This book's quick-reference, step-by-step approach aims to take the stress out of DBA problem solving.
- Author BiographyThis pocket reference distills Oracle DBA information from one of the knowledge bases developed by RevealNet, the industry leader in knowledge-based solutions and development tools for Oracle and DB2. The goal of these knowledge bases is to fully anticipate the daily challenges of database professionals. RevealNet's code-formatting technology has become the industry standard for Oracle source code formatting. RevealNet's products help database professionals rapidly apply solutions that save hundreds of programming and research hours every year.
- PublisherO'Reilly Media, Inc, USA
- Date of Publication10/05/2001
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationSebastopol
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintO'Reilly Media, Inc, USA
- Weight80 g
- Width108 mm
- Height178 mm
- Spine6 mm
Best Selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $21.31New
- AU $24.97New
- AU $20.06New
Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking: Be a Happy Non-smoker for the Rest of Your Life by Allen Carr (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $24.93New
- AU $11.61Used
- AU $20.04New
- AU $32.19New
- AU $21.90New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $22.97Trending at AU $27.12
- AU $16.56Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $21.50Trending at AU $23.92
- AU $78.42Trending at AU $90.91
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $50.56
- AU $21.41Trending at AU $22.76
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $43.73
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.