All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOracle RMAN for Absolute Beginners is a gentle introduction to the use of Oracle's Recovery Manager software to make backups of an Oracle database, and to restore all or part of a database in the event that data loss occurs. It is often said that a database administrator's #1 job responsibility is to be able to recover from data loss. If you're new to the Oracle platform, or you're new to database administration in general, you can hardly go wrong by making it your first priority to learn to backup and recover the database that has been entrusted into your hands. This book is short and sweet at just 200 pages. Focus lies on the mainstream use cases. Recovery Manager, or RMAN as it is called, is a powerful and complex tool that can be intimidating at first. Author Darl Kuhn understands the need to focus on the core use cases, building your confidence in the tool, and in your ability to recover from lost database files, and even to recover your entire database should that become necessary. Oracle RMAN for Absolute Beginners shows how to backup your database. That's the first job. You'll learn to backup the entire database, and to create incremental backups that in turn can speed restore and recovery operations. Then you'll learn to recover from lost data files, lost redo log files, lost control files, and even to restore the entire database from scratch. You'll even learn how to clone a database for development and test purposes by backing the database up on one system and restoring it onto ather. Author Darl Kuhn has a decade and a half of experience in writing about, and teaching Oracle Database backup and recovery. If you are newly responsible for an Oracle Database, you can hardly do better than to pick up a copy of Oracle RMAN for Absolute Beginners.
- Author BiographyDarl Kuhn is a senior database administrator working for Oracle. He handles all facets of database administration from design and development to production support. He also teaches advanced database courses at Regis University in Colorado. Darl does volunteer DBA work for the Rocky Mountain Oracle Users Group. He has a graduate degree from Colorado State University and lives near Spanish Peaks, Colorado, with his wife, Heidi, and daughters, Brandi and Lisa.
- Author(s)Darl Kuhn
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication05/11/2014
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- Content Note13 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight485 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.65New
- AU $93.38Used
- AU $93.38New
- AU $101.47New
- AU $80.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.00
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.44
- AU $39.02Trending at AU $50.24
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.12
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.80
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.