All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOral tolerance is a major immulogical property of the gastrointestinal mucosa. It plays a critical role in immune defence by preventing inflammatory and allergic responses to dietary and n pathogenic microbial antigens. The interest in oral tolerance has been renewed in the recent years, due to vel insights on its cellular mechanisms and potential clinical applications in the treatment of autoimmune diseases. Oral Tolerance: Cellular and Molecular Basis, Clinical Aspects, and Therapeutic Potential, has been designed as a concise yet comprehensive overview of the newest fundamental and clinical advances in the field. Based on the outstanding contribution of world experts, this book will be helpful to students, clinicians, and researchers working in mucosal immulogy and gastroenterology. The first part of this volume describes the structure and functions of the gastrointestinal mucosa and the fundamental features and mechanisms of oral tolerance, including the role of T cells, cytokines, IgA antibodies, and bacterial antigens. The second part explores the clinical implications of the disruption of oral tolerance in Inflammatory Bowel Diseases, food and milk allergies, and coeliac disease in particular. The final chapter focuses on the clinical potential of oral tolerance as a promising therapeutic tool.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication05/12/2010
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleMedical Intelligence Unit
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight316 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Edited byOlivier Morteau
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement1st ed. Softcover of orig. ed. 2004
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.34New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $20.06New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $50.72
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $56.86Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $25.80Trending at AU $30.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.