Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
About this product
- DescriptionOra's Boy is a true story of a boy's struggles to survive growing up with the prejudices of a small New England mill town in the 1940s and 50s. Abandoned by his father and rejected by his mother was only the beginning of his struggles. Born in a highly conservative French Canadian Catholic community, he has to overcome irdinate bigotry to gain acceptance and approval from the very community in which his mother is ostracized and scorned for violating the tenets of her church...t once, but three times. The book also rekindles old memories of historical events and changes that happened during that era, such as, World War II, the Korean War, President Eisenhower's election, the famous Boston Brinks robbery, the Civil Rights movement, and the advent of Rock N' Roll, to name a few, as the author takes you on a journey full of the twists and turns he encountered in his young life, as he overcame obstacle after obstacle, hurdle after hurdle, setback after setback, in his never ending will to survive...and succeed. A truly remarkable, heart-warming, inspirational story.
- Author BiographyFinally after 60 years, the author exposes the raw truth of his hidden past that laid buried all that while in the subconscious of his soul. In this most revealing autobiography, the author exposes the inner-struggles of his youth, as well as his innate drive to succeed and overcome overwhelming circumstances. Upon graduating from high school in Laconia, New Hampshire, he enlisted in the United States Air Force, where he proudly served his country for the next 23 years. While in the Air Force, he attended college at night and eventually earned dual degrees in Business Administration and Economics. He graduated magna-cum-laude from Park College in 1970 and earned his Master's degree in Public Administration from the University of Oklahoma in 1977. Among his military accomplishments, he graduated 3rd in a class of 1,200 from Officer Training School and was selected as the Air Training Command Outstanding Procurement Officer of the Year - not once, but twice. After retiring from the military, he held several management positions with the Lockheed Corporation. He has traveled extensively all over the world and currently resides with his wife in Bluffton, South Carolina.
- Author(s)James Novak
- Date of Publication11/02/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight467 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.