Orchards in the Oasis: Travels, Food and Memories by Josceline Dimbleby (Hardback, 2010)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $37.42Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $13.75Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by book_fountain
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWinner of the Guild of Food Writers Kate Whiteman Award for Work on Food and Travel 2011 Celebrated cookery writer Josceline Dimbleby is widely credited with introducing new ways of using spices to the domestic kitchen. This enchanting memoir explores the food influences of her rich and varied life and provides an outstanding collection of exciting recipes. As an itinerant child with a diplomat stepfather, Josceline spent much of her time in the kitchen - in a succession of different countries - watching cooks transform food with spices and herbs. As a consequence, she acquired t only a taste for food but also a passion for discovering other lands and different cuisines. From Syria to Morocco, from North America to Burma and Laos, her adult life built on and broadened her early gastromic experiences. She found that her astonishing memory of tastes - together with her natural ability to combine flavours and textures harmoniously - enabled her to create very personal interpretations of dishes she had eaten around the world. Orchards in the Oasis is Josceline's absorbing account of her lifelong love affair with food and flavourings. It is interspersed with 75 inspiring but accessible recipes from the diverse cuisines she has experienced on her travels: Rose petal tart from Syria, Peruvian potatoes, Bosphorus mussel stew, Marrakesh meatballs and Chicken odle hotpot from Vietnam. Evocatively illustrated with mouth-watering food photography and the author's personal photographs of her travels, it is, indeed, an irresistible memoir.
- Author BiographyJosceline Dimbleby is one of our most successful and creative cookery writers. She has written more than 24 books on food and cooking, including the first cookery books ever to be sold in Sainsbury's stores, sales of which exceed 2 million copies. She was food columnist for the Sunday Telegraph for over 15 years and has also contributed to many other newspapers and magazines. In 1979 Josceline received the Andre Simon Award for Best Cookery Book for Josceline Dimbleby's Book of Puddings, Sweets and Savouries, and in 1993 she was named 'Cookery Writer of the Year' at the Glenfiddich Awards. She has also featured on numerous radio, and TV programmes, including BBC Food & Drink, MasterChef, Junior MasterChef and Carlton Food Network.
- Author(s)Josceline Dimbleby
- PublisherQuadrille Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication01/10/2010
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintQuadrille Publishing Ltd
- Content Note130 colour photographs, 100 black and white photographs
- Width175 mm
- Height225 mm
- Spine33 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $37.00Trending at AU $37.79
- AU $23.22Trending at AU $28.78
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.65
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.49
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.90
- AU $15.62Trending at AU $17.49
- AU $21.93Trending at AU $30.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.