All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionThe book comprises a rigorous and self-contained treatment of initial-value problems for ordinary differential equations. It additionally develops the basics of control theory, which is a unique feature in current textbook literature. The following topics are particularly emphasised: * existence, uniqueness and continuation of solutions, * continuous dependence on initial data, * flows, * qualitative behaviour of solutions, * limit sets, * stability theory, * invariance principles, * introductory control theory, * feedback and stabilization. The last two items cover classical control theoretic material such as linear control theory and absolute stability of nlinear feedback systems. It also includes an introduction to the more recent concept of input-to-state stability. Only a basic grounding in linear algebra and analysis is assumed. Ordinary Differential Equations will be suitable for final year undergraduate students of mathematics and appropriate for beginning postgraduates in mathematics and in mathematically oriented engineering and science.
- Author BiographyHartmut Logemann is a Professor in the Department of Mathematical Sciences, University of Bath, UK. He has taught a large variety of topics, including courses in complex analysis, control theory, engineering mathematics, Lyapunov theory, ordinary differential equations and semigroups of linear operators. His research interests are in mathematical systems and control theory with emphasis on infinite-dimensional systems, nonlinearity, positivity and sampled-data control. Eugene P. Ryan is Professor Emeritus in the Department of Mathematical Sciences, University of Bath, UK. He has lectured on a wide variety of topics to diverse audiences at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels, including courses on abstract analysis, control theory, nonsmooth optimization, ordinary differential equations, and mathematical methods for engineers & scientists. His research interests lie in mathematical systems and control theory, with emphasis on stabilization and optimization of nonlinear systems.
- Author(s)Eugene P. Ryan,Hartmut Logemann
- PublisherSpringer London Ltd
- Date of Publication07/03/2014
- SubjectLibrary & Information Science
- Series TitleSpringer Undergraduate Mathematics Series
- Place of PublicationEngland
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSpringer London Ltd
- Content Note40 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight534 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.