All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionTechniques for studying ordinary differential equations (ODEs) have become part of the required toolkit for students in the applied sciences. This book presents a modern treatment of the material found in a first undergraduate course in ODEs. Standard analytical methods for first- and second-order equations are covered first, followed by numerical and graphical methods, and bifurcation theory. Higher dimensional theory follows next via a study of linear systems of first-order equations, including background material in matrix algebra. A phase plane analysis of two-dimensional nlinear systems is a highlight, while an introduction to dynamical systems and an extension of bifurcation theory to cover systems of equations will be of particular interest to biologists. With an emphasis on real-world problems, this book is an ideal basis for an undergraduate course in engineering and applied sciences such as biology, or as a refresher for beginning graduate students in these areas.
- Author BiographyVirginia W. Noonburg gained a BA in Mathematics from Cornell University, before spending four years as a computer programmer at the knolls Atomic Power Lab near Schenectady, New York. After returning to Cornell and earning a PhD in Mathematics, she taught first at Vanderbilt University in Nashville, Tennessee and then at the University of Hartford in West Hartford, Connecticut (from which she has recently retired as professor emerita). During the late 1980s she twice taught as a visiting professor at Cornell, and also earned a Cornell MS Eng degree in Computer Science.
- Author(s)Virginia W. Noonburg
- PublisherMathematical Association of America
- Date of Publication20/08/2015
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleMathematical Association of America Textbooks
- Place of PublicationWashington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMathematical Association of America
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight730 g
- Width177 mm
- Height253 mm
- Spine22 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.