All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA warm, witty tale about family and celebrating difference, from the award-winning author of the Penny Dreadful series and Joe All Alone. Perfect for children learning to read. Everything about the Jones family is extraordinary - even their dog Digger, who can dance the can-can. Well, nearly everything...George Jones is utterly ordinary, and he hates it. But w the school talent contest is looming. Will George be able to discover exactly what it is that makes him extraordinary before he has to go up on stage? The Reading Ladder series helps children to enjoy learning to read. It features well-loved authors, classic characters and favourite topics, so that children will find something to excite and engage them in every title they pick up. It's the first step towards a lasting love of reading. Level 2 Reading Ladder titles are perfect for readers who are growing in confidence and are beginning to enjoy longer stories. Features: clear type; up to 8 lines per page; bright, appealing pictures for added interest; a variety of sentence structures; a wider range of vocabulary; strong themes and characters to discuss. All Reading Ladder titles are developed with a leading literacy consultant, making them perfect for use in schools and for parents keen to support their children's reading. Book band: Turquoise.
- Author BiographyJoanna Nadin is the author of more than 30 books for children and young people, including Joe All Alone and the Penny Dreadful series. Joanna has won the Lancashire Fantastic Book Award and has been shortlisted for the Roald Dahl Funny Prize and Queen of Teen. She lives in Bath. Lucia Serrano is an award-winning Spanish illustrator of picture books. She lives in Madrid. Series consultant Nikki Gamble is the director of Just Imagine, a specialist resource and training centre for Primary English. She is Associate Consultant at the University of London, Institute of Education.
- Author(s)Joanna Nadin
- PublisherEgmont UK Ltd
- Date of Publication02/06/2016
- SubjectReference & Home Learning
- Series TitleReading Ladder Level 2
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEgmont Books Ltd
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight114 g
- Width145 mm
- Height212 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Interest AgeFrom 5
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.