All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionThis title offers a new translation of a modern Yiddish masterpiece.
- Author BiographyYehoshue Perle (1888-1943) was born in Radom, Poland, and later moved to Warsaw, where he became active in Yiddish literary circles. In addition to Ordinary Jews (Yidn fun a gants yor), he also published poetry, short stories, literary sketches, criticism, and articles for Yiddish newspapers. One of Poland's most popular, prolific, and controversial Yiddish writers, he died in Auschwitz-Birkenau in 1943. Shirley Kumove is a writer and translator on the subject of Yiddish-particularly its folklore and literature. She is the translator of several books, including, Drunk from the Bitter Truth: The Poems of Anna Margolin, also published by SUNY Press, which received the 2007 Award in Yiddish Literature and Translation from Yiddish presented by the Helen and Stan Vine Canadian Jewish Book Awards. She is also the author of More Words, More Arrows: A Further Collection of Yiddish Folk Sayings. She was born, educated, and makes her home in Toronto.
- Author(s)Yehoshue Perle
- PublisherState University of New York Press
- Date of Publication03/01/2011
- SubjectReligious Studies: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationAlbany, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintState University of New York Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight490 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Introduction byShirley Kumove
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.