Ordinary Miracles: True Stories About Overcoming Obstacles and Surviving Catastrophes by Deborah Labovitz (Paperback, 2002)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $54.14Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $55.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCatastrophes can occur with unexpected swiftness and in an instant change our lives forever. With the help of occupational therapists there is hope, and miracles do happen. This work contains over 100 true stories about everyday miracles that ordinary people worked hard to create for themselves - ordinary people like a spouse, child, parent, or a friend. Some of the people were born with disabling conditions, others suffered illness, some were injured, and some experienced the ordinary conditions of old age. All of them required help to learn or relearn the skills they needed for the job of living, and with the aid of an occupational therapist, they all found the strength and courage to do so. Each of these stories illustrates the way someone was helped to overcome and defy the odds and shows how people have redesigned their lives to be meaningful and fulfilling following what could have been a life-shattering event. Their stories are tributes to the ability of people to triumph over adversity and to succeed when life is at its hardest.
- Author BiographyDeborah R. Labovitz, PhD, OTR/L, FAOTA, an occupational therapist for 40 years and chair of the Department of Occupational Therapy at New York University, New York, New York from 1980 to 2000, is currently a professor at NYU and an avid collector of stories about people who have had the kind of miraculous experiences found in this book. She earned her undergraduate degree in occupational therapy and her master s degree and doctorate in sociology from the University of Pennsylvania and is a fellow of the American Occupational Therapy Association. As a wife, mother of three, mother-in-law of three, and grandmother of six, she has seen ordinary miracles of coping and courage in both her professional and personal life. She continues to be amazed, energized, and awed by the achievements of the ordinary people in this book who have accomplished so much and by the occupational therapists who have helped them to do so. At this time in our society, when hope and optimism are so necessary, she hopes that this book of triumphs over adversity will provide you with both.
- Author(s)Deborah Labovitz
- PublisherSLACK Incorporated
- Date of Publication30/11/2002
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Place of PublicationThorofare
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSLACK Incorporated
- Weight481 g
- Width145 mm
- Height200 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $18.30Trending at AU $24.34
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.82Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $20.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.