All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe key to ongoing freedom from alcoholism or any other kind of addiction is right before us, here and w, in the ordinary and perfect present moment. The problem is that addictions are often the result of our efforts to escape living in the present in the first place. Bill Alexander s unique approach uses mindfulness (a njudgmental awareness of our moment-to-moment experience), story, and meditation to help alcoholics and others learn to come back to the present moment and find healing there. Emerging scientific research suggests that mindfulness can help prevent addiction relapse. Ordinary Recovery is a revised edition of Alexander s book Cool Water, with a new foreword, a new preface by the author, updates throughout the book, and a new resources section.
- Author BiographyWilliam Alexander is on staff at the Harzelden Foundation in Minnesota, where he teaches meditation and leads workshops in Ordinary Recovery nationwide.
- Author(s)William Alexander
- PublisherShambhala Publications Inc
- Date of Publication21/09/2010
- SubjectPopular Psychology
- Place of PublicationBoston
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTrumpeter Books
- Out-of-print date08/05/2015
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight218 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $74.74
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.46
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.65
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.44
- AU $26.68Trending at AU $29.36
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.46
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.