Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.79Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.68Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionThe ordines coronationis are essentially the scripts for the coronation of Frankish and French sovereigns. Combining detailed religious, ceremonial, and political material, they are an extraordinarily important source for the study of individual rulers or dynasties, as well as for the study of kingship, queenship, and the evolution of political institutions. Complete in two volumes, Richard A. Jackson's is the first full edition of these texts, including all the ordines from the early thirteenth century through the end of the fifteenth century, a period during which the texts shift from Latin to the vernacular, and the institutions of kingship become distinctively French.
- Author BiographyRichard A. Jackson was until his retirement Professor of History at the University of Houston and author of Vive le Roi!: A history of the French Coronation from Charles V to Charles X.
- PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania Press
- Date of Publication05/04/2000
- SubjectRegional History
- Series TitleThe Middle Ages Series
- Place of PublicationPennsylvania
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Pennsylvania Press
- Content Note33 illus.
- Weight816 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byRichard A. Jackson
- Format DetailsWith printed dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.