All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
About this product
- DescriptionBecause Oregon sits on the leading edge of a moving crustal plate, a striking diversity of geologic events have molded its topography. Over a century of study, a deeper understanding of the region's tectonic overprint has emerged. In this timely update to the 2000 edition, Elizabeth and William Orr incorporate that new kwledge, addressing current environmental problems and detailing tectonic hazards. Caught between converging crustal plates, the Orrs write, the Pacific Northwest faces a future of massive earthquakes and tsunamis.
A comprehensive treatment of the state's geologic history, Oregon Geology moves through Oregon's regions to closely examine the unique geologic features of each, from the Blue Mountains to the Willamette Valley, from the high lava Plains to the Coast Range.
The book includes biographical sketches of table geologists. It is lavishly illustrated and includes an extensive bibliography.
- Author BiographyElizabeth L. Orr is the collections manager of the Condon Collection at the Museum of Natural and Cultural History at University of Oregon.
William N. Orr, emeritus professor of geology at University of Oregon, is director of the Condon Collection. The Orrs have coauthored Geology of the Pacific Northwest, Second Edition, Oregon Water: An Environmental Histor y, and Oregon Fossils, Second Edition (OSU Press).
- Author(s)Elizabeth L Orr,Elizabeth L. Orr,William N Orr,William N. Orr
- PublisherOregon State University
- Date of Publication15/12/2012
- SubjectGeography & Earth Science: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCorvallis, OR
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOregon State University
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight839 g
- Width216 mm
- Height277 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edition Statement6th
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.