Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $45.16Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBoth a photographic tour through the burgeoning Oregon wine country and an in-depth discussion of winemaking in the region. Elegant in design and featuring beautiful photography, highlighting many of the most well kwn wineries as well as the smaller lesser well kwn gems. It is a tribute to both the pioneers and newcomers of the Oregon wine industry who have made a mark in the international world of wine. Includes a Foreword by Jim Bernau, Founder of Willamette Valley Vineyards. Includes a historical time line of people and events that made Oregon a respected and maturing wine region. Map of the Viticultural areas of Oregon.
- Author BiographyI was fortunate to have been born. When the Communists invaded Latvia during World War 2, they arrested my father to kill him because he owned land. Fortunately, some of his buddies tore out the jail window bars to help him escape. After hiding in the forest for months, he finally gathered his wife-my mom-and a few belongings into a wooden horse drawn cart and trudged toward freedom. I was born along the way. Eventually, we immigrated to the United States, where I became a US citizen, graduated with a bachelor's degree from the University of California at Berkeley, then received a master's degree in fine arts from California State University at Sacramento. After 10 years of teaching high school art and photography, then a year of teaching special education teachers and doing wedding photography every weekend and most nights, my wife put her foot down. Choose one career. In a state of confusion and probably after a beer or two, I choose photography. Being an extreme workaholic, during my chosen photography career-clients include lots of famous architects, National Geographic and Nikon, I wanted to supplement my income by becoming either a tuba repairman (two in my home state of Oregon) or a wine writer (thousands in Oregon). Although my aptitude tests strongly advised against it, I chose to add the wine route to my resume. Now I write, photographs and create videos for a long list of winery clients and publications like Wine Spectator, Wine Enthusiast, Sommelier Journal, Oregon Wine Press, Outdoor Photographer and a variety of travel magazines. I've also created two wine-related books; my last, Oregon the Taste of Wine, won a handful of international awards including Best Regional Book in North America, and Wine Spectator called it one of the top reads for wine lovers.
- Author(s)Janis Miglavs
- PublisherGraphic Arts Books
- Date of Publication01/12/2008
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGraphic Arts Books
- Content Notecolour illustrations, maps
- Weight748 g
- Width257 mm
- Height251 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards,With dust jacket
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.34New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $19.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $60.83Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.