All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThird Edition brings acclaimed textthoroughly up to date with the latestorganic coatings techlogy Organic Coatings, Third Edition is an unparalleled reference and text for organic coatings techlogy and its myriad applications. It begins with discussions of key principles of coatings, then thoroughly explores raw materials, physical concepts, formulations, and applications. Scientists, engineers, and paint formulators all gain a deeper understanding of the principles underlying the techlogy and learn how to use these principles in the development, production, and application of organic coatings. The four authors, all leading industry experts, offer a unique approach to the topic that correlates the empirical techlogy of coatings with the underlying science. This Third Edition has been completely revised and updated to reflect numerous changes in the field, including changes driven by increasing pressure to lower VOC emissions, reduce energy requirements, and eliminate potential health hazards from organic coatings components. In addition, the authors have developed new material to make the text more accessible for scientists and engineers first entering the field, as well as for students taking coatings courses. At the same time, the hallmarks that distinguished the two previous editions have been retained, including:* Troubleshooting guidance for coatings scientists and techlogists* Clear differentiation between established principles and hypotheses requiring further research* Precise definitions of coatings industry termilogy* Extensive references to the current literature* Hundreds of figures that help readers visualize key concepts and techniques Whether you are just entering the field of organic coatings and need a broad overview or you are an experienced professional who needs a sophisticated reference, you can depend on Organic Coatings to give you the information and answers you need.
- Author BiographyZENO W. WICKS, Jr., PhD, has more than fifty years of experience in the coatings field, including twenty-eight years with Inmont Corporation and eleven years as Professor and Chairman of the Department of Polymers and Coatings at North Dakota State University. Currently working as a consultant, Dr. Wicks is the recipient of the Mattiello Memorial Lectureship, the Roy W. Tess Award, and four Roon Awards. FRANK N. JONES, PhD, is a Research Professor at the Coatings Research Institute of Eastern Michigan University, as well as the Principal of Coatings Consulting Services, LLC. He is the recipient of the Mattiello Memorial Lectureship and three Roon Awards. S. PETER PAPPAS, PhD, is currently a consultant who teaches frequent technical short courses. Dr. Pappas has been a corporate scientist at Kodak Polychrome Graphics, scientific fellow at Loctite, and a professor in the Department of Polymers and Coatings at North Dakota State University. He is the recipient of five Roon Awards. DOUGLAS A. WICKS, PhD, is a Professor in the Department of Polymer Science and Engineering at the University of Southern Mississippi.
- Author(s)Douglas A. Wicks,Frank N. Jones,S.Peter Pappas,Zeno W. Wicks
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication16/02/2007
- SubjectIndustrial Chemistry & Manufacturing
- Place of PublicationChicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWiley-Blackwell (an imprint of John Wiley & Sons Ltd)
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1406 g
- Width183 mm
- Height256 mm
- Spine40 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $100.37
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.85
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $84.02
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.60
- AU $64.69Trending at AU $68.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $107.45
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.