All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA unique guide to variable temperature CD spectroscopy and its application in organic chemistry This timely, original, thought-provoking work looks at organic stereochemistry from the perspective of circular dichroism (CD), using variable temperature CD spectroscopy to determine the conformation or absolute configuration of chiral molecules. With an emphasis on the analysis of optically active ketones and the carbonyl chromophore, the authors demonstrate the advantages of this highly sensitive spectroscopic tool for obtaining stereochemical information in diverse areas of organic chemistry, biochemistry, and medicinal/pharmaceutical chemistry. They combine detailed examples of stereochemical analysis with clear, thorough presentations, correlating chiroptical data with molecular mechanics calculations as well as data from NMR spectroscopy and other spectroscopic techniques. In addition, they provide a systematic survey of the professional literature, featuring an extraordinary collection of original CD spectra run at varying temperatures. Coverage includes: Chiroptical measurements: CD and ORD (Optical Rotatory Dispersion) Conformational analysis of compounds ranging from simple cyclic ketones to polycyclics Conjugated and homoconjugated systems Stereochemistry of the carbon-carbon double bond Stereochemistry from exciton coupling of two or more chromophores An interesting historical account of the development of stereochemical concepts
- Author BiographyDAVID A. LIGHTNER, PhD, is R. C. Fuson Professor of Chemistry at the University of Nevada, Reno. JEROME E. GURST, PhD, is Professor of Chemistry at the University of West Florida, Pensacola.
- Author(s)David A. Lightner,Jerome E. Gurst
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication17/04/2000
- Series TitleMethods in Stereochemical Analysis
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content NoteIll.
- Weight878 g
- Width165 mm
- Height237 mm
- Spine33 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.02
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.