Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $80.35Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by buyitnowbooksoz2010
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $103.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTransition metals open up new opportunities for synthesis, because their means of bonding and their reaction mechanisms differ from those of the elements of the s and p blocks. In the last two decades the subject has mushroomed - established reactions are seeing both technical improvements and increasing numbers of applications, and new reactions are being developed. The practicality of the subject is demonstrated by the large number of publications coming from the process development laboratories of pharmaceutical companies, and its importance is underlined by the fact that three Nobel prizes have been awarded for discoveries in this field in the 21st Century already. Organic Synthesis Using Transition Metals, 2nd Edition considers the ways in which transition metals, as catalysts and reagents, can be used in organic synthesis, both for pharmaceutical compounds and for natural products. It concentrates on the bond-forming reactions that set transition metal chemistry apart from classical organic chemistry. Each chapter is extensively referenced and provides a convenient point of entry to the research literature. Topics covered include: * introduction to transition metals in organic synthesis * coupling reactions * C-H activation * carbonylative coupling reactions * alkene and alkyne insertion reactions * electrophilic alkene and alkyne complexes * reactions of alkyne complexes * carbene complexes *h3- or p-allyl -allyl complexes * diene, dienyl and arene complexes * cycloaddition and cycloisomerisation reactions For this second edition the text has been extensively revised and expanded to reflect the significant improvements and advances in the field since the first edition, as well as the large number of new transition metal-catalysed processes that have come to prominence in the last 10 years for example the extraordinary progress in coupling reactions using designer ligands, catalysis using gold complexes, new opportunities arising from metathesis chemistry, and C-H activation without neglecting the well established chemistry of metals such as palladium. Organic Synthesis Using Transition Metals, 2nd Edition will find a place on the bookshelves of advanced undergraduates and postgraduates working in organic synthesis, catalysis, medicinal chemistry and drug discovery. It is also useful for practising researchers who want to refresh and enhance their kwledge of the field.
- Author BiographyRoderick Bates Division of Chemistry and Biological Chemistry, School of Physical and Mathematical Sciences, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Author(s)Roderick Bates
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication13/04/2012
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitlePostgraduate Chemistry Series
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Noteblack & white tables, figures
- Weight778 g
- Width187 mm
- Height249 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.