All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe term 'organic dessert' brings to mind something that's perhaps more wholesome than delectable. But in Organic and Chic , custom cake baker Sarah Magid uses her background in design to create vibrant, highly original, and delicious desserts. This gorgeous full-colour cookbook will feature 60 recipes, from modern floral cakes and cupcakes to rustic farmer's market sweets made with seasonal fruits. In a more modern twist, Magid transforms classic treats into elegant confections made with organic ingredients, so you kw what you-and your kids-are biting into are just as healthful as they are fun to eat. Along the way Magid encourages readers to develop their own baking styles.And whether they need to whip up a simple recipe for a last-minute dinner party or kck their friends' and family's socks off with more elaborate recipes, organic food lovers are sure to relish this book. Invative and bold cake-decorating techniques include bright, eye-popping flowers, hand-sculpted leaves, and metallic-painted brushstrokes. Farm-fresh and organic foods continue to be more and more accessible, and the market for them is growing quickly. Organic and Chic is as much an expression of fashion, style, and taste as it is of living well and protecting the environment.
- Author BiographySarah Magid has a custom cake business based in New York City. She has worked for top fashion companies, including Tommy Hilfiger, J. Crew, Coach, Liz Claiborne, Frye, and Henri Bendel. Her cakes have been featured in magazines such as Domino, InStyle Weddings, Cookie, Brides, The Knot, New York, and Martha Stewart's The Art of Cakes, as well as numerous style and food blogs. She lives in Brooklyn, New York, with her husband and two young children.
- Author(s)Sarah Magid
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication25/06/2009
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWilliam Morrow Cookbooks
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight916 g
- Width203 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.