Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $55.05+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book aims to provide an accessible introduction to the study of organised crime - about those who commit it, the effect it has on individuals, businesses and states, and the ways in which states and the international community have sought to contain it. It explores all facets of what has become one of the key problems facing governments, policy makers and law enforcement agencies in the early twenty-first century. Organised Crime has four predominant themes: the nature and central concepts of organised crime the specific activities with which it is associated its origins and growth nationally, regionally and globally the efforts by the international community and law enforcement agencies to contain, regulate and control the risks that it poses. The book contains a number of detailed case studies illustrating the growth of organised crime at national, international and transnational levels, ranging from the mafia, criminal gangs in the UK through to the new wave of organised crime in Russia and the post-Soviet states. It will be essential reading for both students and practitioners in the police and other law enforcement agencies who have a concern with organised crime worldwide.
- Author BiographyAlan Wright was formerly a police officer with the Metropolitan Police, where he worked on the Kray case and on other gang crime and homicide cases. He later lectured at the Institute of Criminal Justice Studies, University of Portsmouth, and is currently an Honorary Research Fellow at Keele University. He is the author of Policing: an introduction to concepts and practice (Willan Publishing, 2002).
- Author(s)Alan Wright
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication01/12/2005
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationCullompton
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWillan Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight362 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.