All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPublic sector organizations are fundamentally different to their private sector counterparts. They are multi-functional, follow a political leadership, and the majority do t operate in an external market. In an era of rapid reform, reorganization and modernization of the public sector, this book offers a timely and illuminating introduction to the public sector organization that recognizes its unique values, interests, kwledge and power-base. Drawing on both instrumental and institutional perspectives within organization theory, as well as democratic theory and empirical studies of decision-making, this text addresses five central aspects of the public sector organization: * goals and values * leadership and steering * reform and change * effects and implications * understanding and design. This volume challenges conventional ecomic analysis of the public sector, arguing instead for a democratic-political approach and a new, prescriptive organization theory. A rich resource of both theory and practice, Organization Theory for the Public Sector: Instrument, Culture and Myth is essential reading for anybody studying the public sector.
- Author BiographyTom Christensen is Professor of Public Administration and Organization Theory at the Department of Political Science, University of Oslo, Norway. His main research interests include national, central and comparative public administration and reform. Per Laegreid is Professor at the Department of Administration and Organization Theory, University of Bergen, Norway. He has published numerous books and articles on public administration, administrative policy, organizational reform and institutional change. Paul G. Roness is a Professor at the Department of Administration and Organization Theory, University of Bergen, Norway. His main fields of interest are organization theory, administrative reforms in central government and state employees' unions. Kjell Arne Rovik is Professor of Organization Theory at the Department of Political Science, University of Tromso, Norway. His main research interest is the production, diffusion and adoption of popular management ideas among formal organizations.
- Author(s)Kjell Arne Rovik,Paul G. Roness,Per Lagrid,Tom Christensen
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication31/10/2007
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note6 black & white tables
- Weight317 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.13
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.