All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWe are pleased to present this Global Edition, which has been developed specifically to help students of business make sense of Organizational Behavior (OB) and to provide the conceptual tools to work more effectively in the workplace. Widely recognized and adopted by the new-generation OB instructor, the McShane and Von Gliw product is acclaimed for: readability, presentation of current kwledge; linking OB concepts and theories with reality; strong international/global orientation; contemporary theory foundation (minus the jargon); active learning and critical thinking support; textbook's philosophy-OB kwledge is for everyone, t just traditional managers. The text is written in the context of these emerging workplace realities. It explains how emotions are the foundation of employee motivation, attitudes, and decisions; how social networks generate power and shape communication patterns; how self-concept influences individual behavior, team cohesion, and leadership; and how adopting a global mindset has become an important employee characteristic in this increasingly interconnected world. This book also presents the reality that OB is t just for managers; it is relevant and valuable to anyone who works in and around organizations. This Global Edition has been adapted to meet the needs of courses outside the United States and does t align with the instructor and student resources available with the U.S. edition.
- Author BiographyABOUT THE AUTHORS Steven L. McShane is Winthrop Professor of Management at the University of Western Australia (UWA) Business School. Steve earned his Ph.D. from Michigan State University, where he specialized in organizational behavior and labor relations. He also holds a Master's of Industrial Relations from the University of Toronto and an undergraduate degree from Queen's University in Canada. He has conducted executive programs with Nokia, Wesfarmers Group, McGraw-Hill, and many other organizations. He is also co-author of editions or translations of his organizational behavior books in China, India, Quebec, Taiwan, and Brazil. Steve has published several dozen articles and conference papers on workplace values, training transfer, organizational learning, exit-voice-loyalty, employee socialization, wrongful dismissal, media bias in business magazines, and other diverse topics. Dr. Mary Ann Von Glinow is a Knight Ridder Eminent Scholar Chair in International Management, and has been Director of the Center for International Business Education and Research at Florida International University for the past 17 years. She has an MBA and a Ph.D. in Management Science from The Ohio State University. She teaches in executive programs in Latin America, Central America, the Caribbean region, Asia, and the United States. Dr. Von Glinow has authored over 100 journal articles and 13 books. Mary Ann is consultant to a number of domestic and multinational enterprises, and serves as a mayoral appointee to the Shanghai Institute of Human Resources in China. Since 1989, she has been a consultant in General Electric's Workout and Change Acceleration Program including Coaching to Management. Her clients have included Asia Development Bank, American Express, Burger King, and Motorola.
- Author(s)Mary Ann Von Glinow,Steven Lattimore McShane
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education (Asia)
- Date of Publication01/10/2014
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationSingapore
- Country of PublicationSingapore
- ImprintMcGraw-Hill Education (Asia)
- Weight1 g
- Width219 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edition StatementGlobal edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.27Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.