Organizational Dynamism: Unleashing Power in the Workforce by R.Wayne Pace (Hardback, 2001)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $162.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $175.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCritical to the success of any organization is a characteristic called dynamism. Exactly the opposite of anhedonia, or listlessness, dynamism is identified with intensity, enthusiasm, and motivation, qualities that enable people in organizations to get things done. Psychologist Wayne Pace clarifies the meaning of dynamism and its various roles in organizational functioning, provides ways to enhance and measure it, and introduces to human resource professionals a new model of career progression based upon it. Better grounded in scientific principles and data than other books dealing with topics like vitality and enthusiasm and written in a direct, positive, credible, and easy to grasp style, Pace's book covers an unusually wide range of topics--from work systems to language and interpersonal style, to modes of thinking, to mindsets--all of which he sees as dimensions of organizational dynamism and all of which play crucial roles in saving the organization from anhedonia. He makes clear that we cant design work systems that alone will compel outstanding performance. Instead, we must find ways to release the power of individual workers themselves. His book shows why work systems are so detrimental to enthusiasm and what can be done to reverse their effects. The result is an essential explication for human resource and organizational development specialists and an enlightening introduction for top management everywhere. Pace develops his ideas from a theory of credibility consisting of three dimensions: expertise or competence, trust or confidence, and dynamism or enthusiasm. Focusing his attention on the latter, he explores the underlying mindsets that affect decisions to devote energy to work. He introduces new practices, such as Altra Teams, E-prime language, and Natural Work Goals and explores the mental sets and perceptions that workers have, things that affect the amount of energy, enthusiasm, and vigor they can devote to doing their work. He goes on to explain four work perceptions--performance, opportunity, fulfillment, and expectations or aspirations--which he identifies as basic to the way modern workers approach their tasks. Not only does his book offer a theory and explanation of dynamism, but it also provides concrete instruments to measure it and how well it is developing in your own organization. He then introduces the concepts of organizational learning and learning organizations, and closes with a chapter containing incidents, cases, and personal reports that show how other organizations actually can--and do--release dynamism in their own work settings.
- Author BiographyR. WAYNE PACE is Professor Emeritus of Organizational Leadership, Marriott School of Management, Brigham Young University, and an independent consultant and management development specialist. Among his research and teaching specialties are organizational communication, behavior, and change, socio-technical systems design, and human resource development. He is author of numerous books and articles and is a past president of the International Communication Association, the Western States Communication Association, and the Academy of Human Resource Development.
- Author(s)R.Wayne Pace
- Date of Publication30/12/2001
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Place of PublicationSanta Barbara, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintQuorum Books,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight526 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $75.71New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.41Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $75.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.