All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGlobalization, the information techlogy revolution, individualization and other processes in contemporary society all impact on organizations. Organizational actors are recognizing the need to make sense of these permutations, reconstruct their indentities and positions and find ways of coping with the complexity of relationships within and between organizations. This work analyses the framework of these organizational relationships and the dynamics of identity information and bonding on several levels. Organizational practices, managerial and professional coping strategies are all explored within the context of shifting inter-organizational relationships. The findings are more complex and demonstrate continuities as well as discontinuities. The authors analyse the way organizational actors, such as managers, information techlogy specialists, creative professionals and academic researchers, make sense of the social transformations in the networking age and their impact on organizations. The organizational settings which are studied include armies, universities, n-governmental organizations, information techlogy development houses, telecom operators and organizations in the food production chain. This multi-disciplinary work should appeal to a wide-ranging audience of scholars, practitioners and consultants across various fields including organization and management studies, industrial relations, social psychology, work and organization psychology and sociology, HRM and employment relationships.
- PublisherEdward Elgar Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication29/07/2003
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Series TitleNew Horizons in Management Series
- Place of PublicationCheltenham
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEdward Elgar Publishing Ltd
- Content Notefig.tabs.
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edited byPaul Verweel,Peter Leisink,Willem Koot
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $75.71New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.41Trending at AU $23.89
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $119.81
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.