All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.79Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.68Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionThis handy reference is the first comprehensive book covering both fundamentals and recent developments in the field with an emphasis on natechlogy. Written by a highly regarded author in the field, the book details state-of-the-art preparation, characterization and applications of thin films of organic molecules and biomaterials fabricated by wet processes and also highlights applications in natechlogy The categories of films covered include momolecular films (molayers) both on a water surface and on a solid plate, Langmuir-Blodgett films (transferred multilayer films on a solid plate from a water surface), layer-by-layer films (adsorbed multilayer films on a solid support), and spontaneously assembled films in solution.
- Author BiographyDr. Katsuhiko Ariga is the Director of Supermolecules Unit and Principal Investigator of World Premier International (WPI) Research Center for Materials Nanoarchitectonics (MANA), the National Institute for Materials Science (NIMS). He received his B.Eng., M.Eng., and Ph.D. degrees from the Tokyo Institute of Technology (TIT). He was Assistant Professor at TIT, worked as a postdoctoral fellow at the University of Texas at Austin, USA, and then served as a group leader in the Supermolecules Project at Japan Science and Technology Agency (JST). Thereafter, Dr. Ariga worked as Associate Professor at the Nara Institute of Science and Technology, and then became involved with the ERATO Nanospace Project at JST. In January 2004, Dr. Ariga moved to NIMS. He was also appointed Professor at several Universities. His research field is based on supermolecular chemistry and surface science, including the boundary research areas of organic chemistry, physical chemistry, biochemistry, and materials chemistry. His major interests are the fabrication of novel functional nanostructures based on molecular recognition and self-assembly, including Langmuir-Blodgett films, layer-by-layer films, and mesoporous materials.
- PublisherWiley-VCH Verlag GmbH
- Date of Publication24/10/2012
- SubjectElectronics Engineering & Communications Engineering
- Place of PublicationWeinheim
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintWiley-VCH Verlag GmbH
- Weight652 g
- Width172 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edited byKatsuhiko Ariga
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.