All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $72.89
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.43
About this product
- DescriptionTomorrow's LIS professionals will have to be conversant with all the tools and techniques for organizing information in different domains - from the library's shelves to the web and digital libraries. This core text covers the organization of the entire spectrum of information, and the principles, tools and techniques needed to do this effectively. The most up-to-date textbook yet available on this subject, this comprehensive book covers everything from traditional cat & class, through to metadata, information architecture and the semantic web. Written by experienced lecturers in the subject, who have authored several other successful textbooks, this book provides both an overview of the whole field of information organization, as well as an easy-to-understand introduction to each of the individual topics, which can be followed up with further study by following the references at the end of each chapter. The chapters cover: * cataloguing * bibliographic format * classification * subject indexing and vocabulary control * organization of digital information * metadata * mark-up languages * ontology * information architecture * the semantic web * current research, issues and trends. Readership: A key student text for all information and library studies courses, the book is also useful for practising LIS professionals who need an understanding of the various tools and techniques they need to master to effectively organize information.
- Author BiographyG.G. Chowdhury BSc MLISc PhD FCLIP is a Senior Lecturer at the Department of Computer and Information Sciences, University of Strathclyde. Sudatta Chowdhury BSc MLISc MPhil is a Researcher at the Department of Computer and Information Sciences, University of Strathclyde.
- Author(s)G. G. Chowdhury,Sudatta Chowdhury
- PublisherFacet Publishing
- Date of Publication14/05/2007
- SubjectLibrary & Information Science
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFacet Publishing
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight399 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.