All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $32.82Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $32.31Trending at AU $39.85
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
About this product
- DescriptionOrigen was the most influential Christian theologian before Augustine, the founder of Biblical study as a serious discipline in the Christian tradition, and a figure with immense influence on the development of Christian spirituality. This volume presents a comprehensive and accessible insight into Origen's life and writings. An introduction analyzes the principal influences that formed him as a Christian and as a thinker, his emergence as a mature theologian at Alexandria, his work in Caesarea and his controversial legacy. Fresh translations of a representative selection of Origen's writings, including some never previously available in print, show how Origen provided a lasting framework for Christian theology by finding through study of the Bible a coherent understanding of God's saving plan.
- Author BiographyJoseph W. Trigg is Rector of Christ Church (Episcopal), Port Tobacco Parish, La Plata, Maryland. His books include Origen: the Bible and Philosophy in the Third-century Church (Atlanta 1983) and Biblical Interpretation in the series Message of the Fathers of the Church (Delaware 1988).
- Author(s)Joseph Wilson Trigg
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication27/08/1998
- SubjectChristian History & Denominations
- Series TitleThe Early Church Fathers
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight408 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.