All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe history of science has shown the majority of hypotheses to be wrong. Sharp scientific criticism and strictly controlled experimental studies reject most of the hypotheses, leaving behind only a small number of assumptions and ideas. Nevertheless, each logical assumption should have its rightful place on the scientific battlefield supposed to assess its validity and determine its final fate. Even when a hypothesis is wrong, it still finds its place in the entire efforts of the humankind towards attaining the scientific truth. Namely, the wrong hypotheses serve largely to illuminate the way towards the correct ones or, at least, to show which way t to follow. Correct or t, ideas and hypotheses are necessary for the progress of science. They epitomize the efforts of human thought to elucidate nature without experimental verification and in the circumstances of scant data availability. Finally, hypotheses and ideas represent a symbiotic creation of our kwledge and imagination, the two most impressive appearances in the evolution of humans.
- Author(s)Ivan Bubanovic
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication21/06/2013
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note25 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight402 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 2004
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.91Trending at AU $62.69
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.05
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.90
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $52.96
- AU $35.29Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.74
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.