Original Facelessness: Self-Inquiry by MR P V S Suryanarayana Raju Raju (Paperback / softback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $19.52Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by fishpondnewzealand
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $26.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe original face of human is consciousness which is formless. He is expected to respond spontaneously to the life situation. But we respond according to an idea, dogma, which is reaction rather than response. All faces are borrowed and we have many faces, many personalities. Human is polypsychic, he behaves in one way in office with boss, he behave differently with wife and children and he behave in totally different manner with other relations in society. We develop multiple masks suitable for various life situations. We are t a holistic, integrated human being. To get rid of false masks we wear and to kw who we really are we have to do self-inquiry. Why we behave in such erratic way? For me self-inquiry is t episodic and t apart from daily life. To me it is an opportunity to learn to look at fragmentary way of life in which we are living at present and which is resulting in conflict and to avoid it we are escaping in many ways and religious entertainment is one of them bit escapes are the solution for resolving conflict obviously. Many approach self-inquiry with preconceived ideas by reading some book written by a saint but that is t the right approach. We must admit that we do kw how to do self-inquiry on our own. Truth is a living thing and so there can be path to it and we cant follow footsteps of other. It is t carrying over what others have practiced. Then only we are free to do self-inquiry with free mind without any belief, dogma, then we are free to flow and swim in self-inquiry. Is self-inquiry divorce from daily life, our conduct, daily activity of being greedy, envy, daily imitative, competitive, conforming spirit, daily sensual, intellectual appetites, so self-inquiry divorce from all that or self-inquiry flows from all that, covers all that, includes all that. Otherwise self-inquiry has meaning. Trying to do self-inquiry for few minutes and doing mischievous things rest of the day is just a self deception. It is t a self imposed thing to arrive at a point. Some people pray out of confusion but it is a finite expression to attain something. Many feel that there is a path to truth and we can arrive easily by doing self-inquiry. But self-inquiry demands total transformation of thinking process through witnessing by a still mind. Many believe truth is a static and fixed state. We can participate in truth but there is thing like arriving. Through self-inquiry we will come to kw how to participate in truth, so question of arriving does t exist. Does self-inquiry covers whole field of life or totally apart from life? or does it embrace whole field of life. If it does t embrace all that self-inquiry has meaning. It becomes ather escape. The perfume of self-inquiry should pervade my activity, and then only our life becomes orderly. Then self-inquiry is of tremendous significance because it brings radical change in thought-feeling and so action.
- Author BiographyThe author, Dr.P.V.S.Suryanarayana Raju is pediatrician from Andhra Pradesh, India, born on 12th December 1950.He is working on the subject of self-inquiry for the past 30 years.His works include Insights in self-inquiry, The Alpha and Omega of self-inquiry, Commentary on who am i, Know Thyself, Inner conflict leads to outer disorder, Self-inquiry is The Art of Unveiling The Self, From despair to bliss-the message of Bhagavad Gita, The essence of Bhagavad Gita, Self-inquiry in Bhagavad Gita.His books in Telugu which include Nenevadanu? which is a commentary of him on who am i in Telugu, Nija Vicharana and his most recent books in Telugu Vichara Chudamani, and Vichara Chandrodayam mainly deal with the practical aspect of self-inquiry and he explains in them why self-inquiry is a direct and easy way for realizing the Self.
- Author(s)MR P V S Suryanarayana Raju Raju
- Date of Publication27/02/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight122 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.