All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWith the directness of a farmer naming the crops in his fields, Traktung Yeshe Dorje-farmer, mystic, scholar and poet-points out that transformation and enlightenment are possible for each person. How? Why? Because, in fact, transformation and enlightenment are the soil out of which our lives have sprouted, and are thus t separate from the ground of the spiritual path itself. Original incence, t original sin, is the intrinsic condition of the human mind, Traktung asserts. And he is t alone in this declaration. When great mystics and sages have discovered the deepest essence of reality, they too have proclaimed original incence . While their words may have varied, and the flowering of this realisation may have taken different expressions, the essence remains the same. This is good news for the weary traveller, the man or woman lost in samsara (confused perception), perhaps you and I. This confused perception is like that of a person with mental illness who thinks themselves to be Napoleon; or an arexic who perceives themselves as fat. Such a complex of thought-feeling-behaviour thus influences everything they do. And so, samsara brings suffering to one's life. This book has grown out of a last request from the author's Guru, Thinley Norbu Rinpoche: Please help Westerners be weary with Samsara . Essays, quotes from seminal texts, poetry and teaching stories weave throughout these pages, creating a rich meal that any serious student of life can enjoy and be urished by. The book is a hologram of spiritual teachings-each page a blueprint, an invitation, and an immersion into the spaciousness of the author's realisation. From the highest, most advanced teachings to the core beginnings-the 4 Noble Truths of the Buddha-thing is at odds. All work together to illuminate a vision for transforming life from suffering to wisdom bliss. In Original Incence, his second book, Traktung Yeshe Dorje once again refuses glib fixes to perennial challenges. Instead, he calls us, his readers, to think deeply, critically, and aesthetically in order to explore our own fields-the obvious, the day-to-day, the ordinary-as the foundation for true spiritual growth and transformation.
- Author BiographyTrakTung Yeshe Dorjehas been guiding both individuals and community for the last 23 years, drawing his students and friends into the world of spiritual awakening by offering them a window into a different way of considering appearances. He teaches in the U.S. and Europe, and is also president of Wishing Tree Gardens, a non-profit sustainable-agriculture educational program in Ann Arbor, Michigan.
- Author(s)Traktung Yeshe Dorje
- PublisherHohm Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/05/2014
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Place of PublicationPrescot
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHohm Press,U.S.
- Weight276 g
- Width140 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.34New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $19.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $60.85Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.