All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.50
- AU $18.97Trending at AU $20.65
About this product
- DescriptionOriginal Rockers is a clear-eyed yet romantic account of the several years that Richard King spent working behind the counter at Bristol's Revolver Records - a business run from the heart rather than the head. King brings that lost environment back to life - the sounds, the smells and the people - along with a vivid sense of how it feels to discover taste-shaping records and the artists who created them for the first time. Original Rockers evokes a golden moment in British cultural history, and celebrates the magical abandon that music offers us.
- Author BiographyRichard King was born in Newport, Gwent. He has worked at the heart of the independent music industry for nearly twenty years. He is the co-editor of Loops, an occasional journal of long-form music writing published jointly by Faber and Domino Records. He has contributed to the Guardian, the Observer and many other publications. He lives with his family in Powys.
- Author(s)Richard King
- PublisherFaber & Faber
- Date of Publication07/07/2016
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFaber & Faber
- Weight203 g
- Width128 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edition StatementMain
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.