All listings for this product
Sponsored by eBay Stores
- AU $32.78Free postage
- AU $36.76Free postage
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionThe #1 New York Times bestseller that examines how people can champion new ideas and how leaders can fight groupthink, from the author ofGive and Take Reading Originals made me feel like I was seated across from Adam Grant at a dinner party, as one of my favorite thinkers thrilled me with his insights and his wonderfully new take on the world. Malcolm Gladwell, author of OutliersandThe Tipping PointOriginals is one of the most important and captivating books I have ever read, full of surprising and powerful ideas.It will t only change the way you see the world; it might just change the way you live your life. And it could very well inspire you to change your world. Sheryl Sandberg, COO of Facebook and author ofLean InWith Give and Take, Adam Grant t only introduced a landmark new paradigm for success but also established himself as one of his generation s most compelling and provocative thought leaders. In Originals he again addresses the challenge of improving the world, but w from the perspective of becoming original: choosing to champion vel ideas and values that go against the grain, battle conformity, and buck outdated traditions. How can we originate new ideas, policies, and practices without risking it all? Using surprising studies and stories spanning business, politics, sports, and entertainment, Grant explores how to recognize a good idea, speak up without getting silenced, build a coalition of allies, choose the right time to act, and manage fear and doubt; how parents and teachers can nurture originality in children; and how leaders can build cultures that welcome dissent. Learn from an entrepreneur who pitches his start-ups by highlighting the reasons t to invest, a woman at Apple who challenged Steve Jobs from three levels below, an analyst who overturned the rule of secrecy at the CIA, a billionaire financial wizard who fires employees for failing to criticize him, and a TV executive who didn t even work in comedy but saved Seinfeld from the cutting-room floor. The payoff is a set of groundbreaking insights about rejecting conformity and improving the status quo.
- Author BiographyAdam Grant is Wharton s top-rated teacher. He has been recognized as one of HR s most influential international thinkers, BusinessWeek s favorite professor, one of the world s forty best business professors under forty. Grant was tenured at Wharton while still in his twenties and has been honored with the Excellence in Teaching Award for every class he has taught. His first book, Give and Take, was a New York Times bestseller translated into twenty-seven languages and named one of the best books of 2013 by Amazon, Apple, the Financial Times, and the Wall Street Journal as well as one of Oprah s riveting reads, Fortune s must-read business books, Harvard Business Review s ideas that shaped management, and the Washington Post sbooks every leader should read. His speaking and consulting clients include Google, the NFL, Merck, Goldman Sachs, Disney Pixar, the United Nations, and the U.S. Army and Navy. He serves as a contributing op-ed writer for the New York Times and was profiled in a cover story by its magazine.Author of the New York Times bestseller Originals, Grant earned his Ph.D. in organizational psychology from the University of Michigan and his B.A. from Harvard College.
- Author(s)Adam Grant
- Date of Publication02/02/2016
- SubjectCareers & Success
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight544 g
- Width155 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Foreword bySheryl Sandberg
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.